Current research activities
- Since Oct 2017: Laboratoire LINEACT
- Leading research related to new challenges of big data, smart citicies, cyber physical systems, and IoT. My objective is developing techniques based on formal methods and data mining to ensure safety and functionality of complex systems including different behavioral aspects: real time, stochastic process, etc.
Current Teaching activities
Associate Professor (Engineer in Computer Science)
- Since Oct 2017: CESI Engineering School By applying problem-based learning methodology, I am responsible of the computer science lectures of the different levels at CESI E. I. in Aix-en-Provence. Further, I take the responsibility of both options: data science and cyber security
Phd, Computer Science
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
Master, Computer Science
Université de Metz, Metz, France
B.Eng, Computer Science
SBA University, Sidi Bel Abess, Algeria
- Samir Ouchani: “Formalizing and Evaluating Security in SocioTechnical Systems”. The 7th International Congress on Interdisciplinary Behavior and Social Sciences, 24-25 November 2018, ICIBSoS 2018, Batam, Indonesia.
- Otmane Aït Mohamed, Mourad Debbabi, Samir Ouchani: “Security Verification of SysML Diagrams”. The 23th International Conference on Microelectronics. December 17-20, 2012, in Algiers (Algeria), IEEE ICM’12.
- Abdelhakim Baouya, Djamal Bennouar, Otmane Ait Mohamed and Samir Ouchani: “Safety analysis of train control system based on model-driven design methodology ", Journal of Computers in Industry 105, 1-16, Elsevier, November 2018.
- Abd El-Aziz Khaled, Samir Ouchani and Chemseddine Chohra: “Recommendations-based on semantic analysis of social networks in learning environments", Journal of Computers in Human Behavior, ISSN 0747-5632, Elsevier, September 2018.
- Samir Ouchani and Mourad Debbabi: “Specification, Verification and Quantification of Security in Model-based Systems”. Computing Journal, Springer, 10.1007/s00607-015-0445-x, February 2015.
- Samir Ouchani, Gabriele Lenzini, Sjouke Maw: “Security Evaluation of Socio-Technical Physical Systems”, Computers and Electrical Engineering Journal, Elsevier, February 2015.
- Samir Ouchani, Otmane Aït Mohamed, Mourad Debbabi: “A Property-Based Abstraction Framework for SysML Activity Diagrams”. The journal of Knowledge-Based Systems -Elsevier, November 2013.
- Samir Ouchani: “A Security Reinforcement Framework for CyberPhysical Systems ", invited paper, The Third International Conference on Smart Applications and Data Analysis for Smart Cyber-Physical Systems (SADASC’20), LNCS, Springer.
- Samir Ouchani: “Towards a Call Behavior-Based Compositional Verification Framework for SysML Activity Diagrams”, LNCS Springer ICTAC 2019.
- Samir Ouchani: “Towards a Fractionation-based Verification: Application on SysML Activity Diagrams”, ACM SAC 2019.
- Miloud Dahmane Walid, Ouchani Samir, Bouarfa Hafida. A Smart Living Framework: Towards Analyzing Security in Smart Rooms. In: Schewe KD., Singh N. (eds) Model and Data Engineering. MEDI 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11815. Springer
- Samir Ouchani: “Ensuring the Functional Correctness of IoT through Formal Modeling and Verification”, LNCS Springer, International Conference on Model and Data Engineering, Pages 401-417, Online ISBN 978-3-030-00856-7.
- `A Robust Security Communication through a Mobile and IoT Physical Unclonable Function'', Blida University, Algeria
- ``Security by Construction through Formal Methods and Blockchain: Application on IoT Networks in Smart Cities'', Blida University, Algeria
- ``Privacy Preservation in IoT-based Systems'', Bouira University, Algeria
- `Security Modeling and Analysis for Cyber-Physical Systems'', Ecole Supérieure d'Informatique, Algeria.