Head of Research and innovation CESI west / Assistant professor
- Sciences: Mathematics, thermodynamics, Heat transfers, Material mechanical behavior (for MSc) – Eurocode 2 (for Bachelor, MSc)
- Techniques of construction: Soil mechanics, reinforced concrete (formulation and durability), building site management (for Bachelor, MSc), Quality and safety.
- Sustainable city: renewable energies, environmental standards ad certifications (HQE®), Ecodistricts and city of tomorrow (for MSc and post-MSc).
- Management: Project management (PMI® vision), team management (for MSc).
- Other: research methodology, initiation to research, research in construction
MSc, PhD in Civil engineering
École Nationale des Ponts ParisTech, Paris
DUT in Civil engineering
IUT Nancy-Brabois, Nancy, France
- Innovative teaching methods (3 days, 2014) -
- Leadership and team management (6 days, 2012),
- E-learning Designer (15 days, 2012)
- International partnerships in higher education (2 days, 2011)
- Project Management Institute Certification : PMI - PMP® (7 days, 2010)
Professional / research experience
2013- at present
HEAD OF ‘RESEARCH AND INNOVATION’ - CESI
- Team management and coordination
- Public (French/European) and private research projects : coordination and achievement
- Co-supervisor of 4 PhD thesis
- Lecturer, Programme leader of a post-MSc programme in civil engineering
- Researcher. Research topics: Concrete behavior and durability – City and building of tomorrow
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT ‘CONTINUING EDUCATION IN CIVIL ENGINEERING’ - CESI PARIS CAMPUS
- Team, educational and Financial management of the departement
- Lecturer, Programme leader of 3 post-MSc programmes (international construction projects, sustainable construction and Railway engineering)
- Research topics: Concrete behavior and durability – City and building of tomorrow
Programme leader – PEDAGOGICAL MANAGER - CESI PARIS CAMPUS
- Programme leader and creator of 3 post-MSc degrees by sandwich courses (international construction projects, sustainable construction and Railway engineering)
- PEDAGOGICAL MANAGER of the MSc EiCesi MSc in Cinvil engineering by sandwich courses.
- LECTURER at ENS Cachan AND RESEARCHER at CEA (French Atomic Energy Agency).
- RESEARCHER at LCPC (The French Civil Engineering Research Laboratory).
Patent and distinctions
- Member of the Scientific board of NovBuild and S2E2
- A Jury member of the « Engineering of the future Price” organised by Syntec-Ingénierie (the French engineering professional federation) (since 2012)
- « Professeur invité » at Northumbria university (MSc Project Management, UK) (since 2007)
- External examiner, Abertay university (UK) since 2015
- Member of the EiCesi scientific committee (since 2004)
- Ponts ParisTech “Best thesis” in soil mechanics (in 2001).
Scientific and technical publications
- 7 scientific books at Dunod edition : http://www.dunod.com/auteur/karim-beddiar).
- 1 PhD thesis “electro-osmosis in soils”
- 1 international patent (http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2003042688).
- 16 papers in national and international journals.
- 19 articles in national and international conference proceedings.
- 22 articles in national and international conference (without proceedings).
- 9 invitations to international conferences
- 16 technical notes